Homemade Croissants


Sometimes, life throws such a heavy load at ya, that you need something really good and really buttery to remember that, at the end of the day, you are still blessed to have such a wonderful life.  It is definitely challenging to change your perspective, when everything is just super frustrating. I will be the first to admit that I spent at least an hour on our sofa sobbing like a five-year-old crying to my cat, how the world is so unfair! I am crying this to my cat, because at that point my boyfriend already sheepishly left to clean up the apartment or to do something else that will make me happy. And my bestie is already writing me a long letter to cheer me up. So only the cat listens to my tantrum. Reading this, I realize how great my life is, despite of all the challenges and I am a little ashamed for my behavior. So I made croissants, to shove them in life’s face and to say thanks to the people that care for me. 




Ingredients

500g bread flour (type 505), sifted
1 ½ tsp. salt
40g sugar
1 package active dry yeast
300ml milk, warm
250g butter, cold
egg wash
 
Here it is, your way to homemade croissants! It is a butter massacre, be aware of that and embrace it. Start my mixing the dry ingredients and the milk. Knead at for 5 to 7 minutes until you can form the dough into a soft and not too sticky ball. Leave in a covered bowl at a warm place til it doubled in size.


Take the butter out of the fridge, place it in between two baking sheets and roll out about 5mm thick. On a floured surface roll out the dough, somewhat larger than the butter plate.


Transfer the butter on the dough and fold in the edges. 


Then fold in one third of the dough and the other above it. Roll out again, don’t be alarmed if some butter comes out. 


Cut out triangles. 


Roll little croissants, paint on the egg wash. 


Bake at a 200°C oven for 15-20 minutes. Enjoy with a lot of your friends and some good jam!  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment