Breakfast Muffins



I know what you are thinking. Muffins for breakfast? Not really the healthiest way to start your day. Especially since everybody I know seems to be obsessing about these green smoothies lately. Really, you want to drink your spinach and kale? Why? Anyways, these muffins are not as bad as a breakfast as you may think: they have all kinds of healthy inside. Rolled oats, buttermilk and fresh fruit. Now, does that sound healthy or what? I admit you could also totally throw it all into the blender and drink you breakfast, if you feel like it. But I never feel like drinking my breakfast, so I made all this goodness in muffin form and had it for Sunday brunch with family. Big hit. Nobody ordered a green smoothie. Hope your week is wonderful!



Ingredients

175ml vegetable oil
230 brown sugar
2 eggs
230g all-purpose flour
1 tbsp. baking-powder
500ml buttermilk
60-80g rolled oats
some vanilla extract
fruits of your choice

Easy-peasy. As always, start my mixing oil, sugar and eggs until creamy and pale. Incorporate the rest of the dry ingredients and the buttermilk. Scoop 2 blobs of batter into your muffin forms (I always use an ice-cream/ cookie scoop) and top it with your cut up fruit. Not too much as it will otherwise be too moist. Bake at 175°C for about 20-25 minutes. 


These are the kind of cakes that taste best when completely cooled – so behave yourself and have a little patience. I rock at that obviously. Now: breakfast! Love it or drink some spinach!




No comments:

Post a Comment