Chocolate Truffle Mini Muffins



Ok, I am back. I am sorry for my absence- it definitely took me some time to get into the swing of things with me moving and taking up a new job and all. But baking always helped me to keep my balance, so now I am back climbing the mountain of glorious baked goods and scrumptious challenges. Let’s ease back in. Let’s start with something simple and loveable. Let’s start with chocolate. And maybe let’s add some bourbon to that. Or peanut butter. 




Ingredients
70g milk chocolate
70g dark chocolate
3 heaping tbsp. unsweetened cocoa
120g butter
2 eggs
120g sugar
½ tsp. vanilla extract
120g all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder

Peanut butter
Bourbon and slithered almonds


Let us remember our routine. Butter is soft and creamed together with the sugar and vanilla extract. Eggs are at room temperature and added one by one and stirred with butter and sugar mixture until pale and smooth. Chocolate is melted (on a side note, I forgot how long this takes when you do this au-bain-marie, so if you do have a microwave to shorten the process, which I unfortunately don’t anymore, be my guest!). Chocolate is mixed in. Flour and baking powder is sifted and added to the rest of the ingredients. Bourbon and slithered almonds are added, or not, if peanut butter is preferred. Batter is dolloped into a teeny-weeny little muffin tin.


Adorable chocolate truffle mini muffins are baked for about 20 minutes at a 160°C oven. The smell of chocolaty goodness is wafting through your apartment. All is well.





No comments:

Post a Comment