Pear and Gorgonzola Soda Bread



I have a promise to make. I promise that I will learn how to photograph food. Because I have in no way stopped baking. In fact only this week I made batches and batches of snickerdoodles and lemon and poppy seed cookies. But I am a total disaster when it comes to cameras. In fact I don’t even own one and my camera phone doesn’t work. And since my dearest photographer, who just also happens to be my dearest husband-to-be, can unfortunately not be with me and my food during the week, we have to make due on the weekends. But I will be better. I will get a camera and start working on it. Also, did I mention that the photographer kept our cat and I got an adorable puppy from the shelter? Just on a side note. Our family-to-be is already growing. All this has nothing to do with this great soda-bread. Which is amazingly delicious and not photographed by me or the dog.


Ingredients
2 cups of all-purpose-flour
1 package baking powder
1 cup milk
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. freshly ground pepper
150g gorgonzola cheese, cubed
100g parmesan, grated
1 cup pears, cubed


I used coffee mugs as cups. This is an easy soda bread, no science here. Just throw everything together and knead for a few minutes with the dough hooks on your free stand mixer. Bake at 180°C for about 30-35 minutes.  


That’s how quickly you can make this. For if unannounced friends are coming over or if you need something as a side dish for festive menus. Wait did I say festive menus? Ehm yeah, Christmas is only about four weeks away just saying.


No comments:

Post a Comment